Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Blogger's Remorse

What does a blogger write about after 3 years. Photography itself is a tough topic to write about and more so when you're an amateur. I have been somewhat busy in the last 3 years but seemed to neglect this particular blog. Lack of topics or maybe a phase? Yes, I would think so but I am back with three blogs including this one and each one about different aspects of my life.

www.theworriedtraveller.canuckstravel.com is about my travels, personal experience and tidbits of info for travellers.

www.wehavetodeal.blogspot.ca is my Personal blog and explores life experience and everyday topics.

As I look back at this blog, I'm regretting not keeping it up. It was an exciting part of my life and at that time, photography was a big part of my life. I brought my camera with me everywhere and now, sometimes I stare at it on my computer desk. It makes it to the odd function if I'm asked but otherwise sits in its case.

Since the latest entry back in 2011, I did a few jobs and one being a wedding for 150. My partner Bob (he's made it to a few entries on this blog) assisted me that day and thanks to him, I made it through without losing my mind. As a head shot and landscape photographer, you can delete and edit or keep to yourself a lot of pics. You can't do that with wedding shots as anyone knows who has shot a wedding, you can't miss a moment. I deleted photos of course that didn't make the cut and those being the ones that were out of focus, aimed in the wrong direction etc. I found the post production to be lengthy and difficult to see in the eyes of the couple. What would they like? For the first time, I believe they were happy but there were elements I would and would not do going forward. Question to myself would be, would I ever do another wedding? The answer is yes. I need to do some research and be a little bit more prepared in the sense that I should have numbers ready and take a little more control of the situation. A list of 10 and I probably missed 6 or 7.

In the blog, you'll see the female model Kathryn and I had the opportunity to photograph her solo and it turned out to be an amazing day. She hired her own make up artist and the end result was that she was very happy with her shots. The first time and that post in particular was of Kathryn and her son. They were naturals. Kathryn has since asked for another photo shoot in the coming months, so we'll see how she's changed.

On my most recent trip to Italy and Greece, I switched out my telephoto lens for my wide angle 10-20mm. What a difference and probably one of the best choices I made for landscape photography.

Maybe reclaiming this blog will inspire me to do some more photography and switch up the mediums a bit.
Adam and Dave Wedding 2012

 Kathryn solo photo shoot 2012

Tuscany trip, 2014

No comments: